description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Kalafina Record - unboxing

Technically, I didn't have to unbox the Kalafina Record book but I'm too lazy to think of a more appropriate title. :p

I finally received this shipment containing Kalafina Record, the After Eden album, a t-shirt and some Mahou Shoujo Madoka toys yesterday due to some delays with the availability of the Kalafina Record book and the shipping delays caused by Typhoon Roke in Japan.

Kalafina Record is amazing and completely worth getting if you're a fan of Kajiura Yuki and Kalafina or even FictionJunction, since both Keiko and Wakana form half of FictionJunction [edit: actually, it should be 2/5 since Kajiura Yuki also fronts FJ].  The photos in the book are beautifully taken and there's a lot of information which I hope to be able to read with ease someday.  I can kind of read some of it but it'll take me a while.

I did order both the Limited Edition as well as the Regular Edition.  The Limited Edition is a hard-cover edition with a T-Shirt.  That's for keeping.  Itsuko may or may not ship that out to me now and either way it's fine with me since I did decide to order the Regular Edition partly because I know it would be hard for me to wait to get it in November.  Also, I want to try and read Kalafina Record and since my Japanese is really not very good at all at the moment, I didn't want to carry a hard-cover copy every where I went.  It would be heavy and I wouldn't want to mess it up too much.

Still... although I can mess with the Regular Edition of Kalafina Record, the photos in this book are so nice, the quality of the paper and the binding of such nice quality, I really don't want to flatten it to scan it at all.  I just love books too much that even though I may have an extra copy of it... ruining it is simply something I find near impossible to do.  So, sadly for any of you who chance upon this post, I only shot a couple of photos of the inside of the book... I won't be scanning it... I just can't do it. :)

At 1619yen for the Regular Edition, I think that the book is completely worth it if you're a fan of Kalafina and Kajiura.  Seriously, if you're looking for nice photos... there are quite a few in this book that should satisfy most fans and for people like me, it's more than a photo book because there is tons of information on not just Keiko, Wakana, Hikaru and Kajiura Yuki in this book.  There is also information on the musicians and the music / songs themselves etc... and that's what I like.... I'm a glutton for information. :)

For those of you who want to get the book... there are several online places that offer it... I got mine through CDJapan.  You'll need to hurry though if you want to get your own copy, the last I looked there were only 7 copies of the Regular Edition left...

Kalafina Record / Kalafina / Yuki Kajiura

... click the picture above to jump there.  I'm not sure if there will be more copies available after that, there maybe... but I wouldn't know.  BTW, just in case this bothers anyone... I've started using affiliated links from CDJapan because I can actually get commission from my own purchases... so if it bothers you... don't use the links... if it doesn't bother you.. then be my guest. :)

The photos that I shot, although not many, are kind of Keiko centric... gomen ne... of the trio, it's no secret to those who have read my blog that I do like Keiko best both in terms of her voice as well as her looks.  So since I'm sure that somewhere out there on the internet, there will be more photos / scans of the book, I'll just keep my photos to what my blog has always been about anyway... stuff that interest me. :)

Okay... here you go... the photos of Kalafina Record... enjoy. :)

 

That's it from me for tonight... I have a very long day ahead tomorrow... got to go to work early in the morning and then I have my Japanese class and then I really need to cut my hair tomorrow after that. So in preparation for having to wake up at 6am tomorrow morning... I will go and sleep almost immediately after this post. I think I'll attempt to do the unboxing of the After Eden album tomorrow.... and maybe the Madoka stuff... we'll see... for now... oyasumi. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi. I would like to ask how heavy is the regular edition of Kalafina Record as I want to buy one but the delivery cost differs according to the weight. On CD Japan,it is about 950g, but on another website, it is about 3xxg. So I wonder which one is the true one. Thank you :)

just me said...

Hi... sorry for the less then timely reply... I don't really check my comments section that often.

Um... to tell you the truth, I don't really know the weight of the regular edition of Kalafina Record because I bundled the shipment with several things and I don't have a weighing scale for things so small... it doesn't register on its own on my weighing scale

What I did was weighed myself on the scale without the book and then with the book and minus the difference. It looks like the book is closer to the 3xxg mark then the 950g on CDJapan.

Hope that helps. :)