description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Monday, May 21, 2012

Mahou Shoujo Madoka portable - unboxing

Here's my picture heavy unboxing post for the Mahou Shoujo Madoka Portable Limited Edition Set w/Figma figure.  I got lucky and got this set at almost 50% off and it even came with the pre-order bonus even though when I ordered it, it had already been released.

Anyway, as usual, I am blogging pretty late at night again.  So will try and keep my comments to a minimum so that I can speed through this.

This is what the exterior of the specially designed box from Shaft looks like.



If you manage to get the set with the pre-order bonus, you'll get a piece of flim strip, a special custom theme set and a Weiss Schwarz special card..  The film is attached to a card that features Kyubey's face on the cover.



The password for the special custom theme set can be found printed on the inner face of the card.  I have mosaic-ed the password out.  You will find the piece of film on the opposite side of the card..  My piece of film is quite a nice piece.  I got a closeup of Madoka's face. :)


After you open the box, you find the following.



The contents are nice and snugly packed.  You find a little white box that will contain the Homu Homu handkerchief, the Kyubey pouch and the special clear card.  I'm not sure if everyone gets the same card or if they differ from box to box.

And the highlight of this boxset, at least for me, is the Figma figure of Madoka in her school uniform.  This version of Madoka can only be obtained if you buy this boxset and this is the biggest reason why I wanted this boxset.

Here is the link to the Good Smile Company's page with nice detailed photos of this particular figma.  Click me.

The following are the photos of the Blu-ray Disc with special footage and the PSP game.



I haven't had a chance to watch the Blu-ray disc yet.  Here is the link to the wiki page with more information on the game and the contents of the Blu-ray.  Click me.


The above video is a video of the game running on my first generation PSP.  It is a 2 to 3 min clip of the first section of the game and it doesn't show the battle gameplay, I didn't get that far.  The opening is exactly like the opening of the anime and the text reminded me of excerpts from the novel version of the anime.

You have to upgrade your firmware to the latest firmware to play it.  I haven't touched my PSP for a while, and it was on some ancient firmware and I had to upgrade it before it'll run the game.

There is a lot of story-telling in this game.  Loads of it will resemble a visual novel, which is typical of these kinds of games.  The Mai-Hime game was also like this.  What I do like about this game is that it is fully voiced and it has subtitles that you can turn on and off.  That's really helpful and useful for someone learning Japanese like me.

The quality of the video that I shot isn't fantastic unfortunately.  I used my phone to shoot it and there wasn't exactly tons of light when I shot the video too.  I shot it mostly because I wanted to show the extent of the voice acting, the subtitles and that they can be turned on and off. 

I fully intend to play this game.  So it looks like I may be leaving my Vita and NDS at home for a while. :)

Oh... if you want to get this set, you can try CDJapan or Amazon Japan.  They still have these limited boxsets.  Here is the direct link to the product page on CDJapan. Click me.

Alrighty, that's it from me for today.  Off to bed. :)

2 comments:

Perla said...

Congrulations! I'm a bit jealous of you since I also wanted this game but had no money, nothing to run it on and no knowledge in Japanese. xD Anyway, congrulations again!

just me said...

Hello Pearl :)

Thanks. I was very lucky to get it at that price and with the pre-order bonus too. I was going to try and buy it 2nd hand but the 2nd hand prices were too high when I found this last piece in the bargain bin. :)

Maybe someday you'll be able to find the time to study Japanese. It took me a while to get started too but now I really love working at getting better at the language. :)

Thanks for dropping by again. Have a good day :)