description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Kalafina "to the beginning" commemorative t-shirt box set - unboxing

I was really, really, really disappointed that I was unable to pick up tickets for Day 2 and Day 3 of Kajiura Yuki Live Vol.9.  I actually checked the auctions immediately after Itsuko confirmed that she was unable to get any tickets in the open sales.  Open sales tickets sold out so fast that by the time she managed to get in, they were all gone.  As for the auctions, the bid prices are ridiculous and I'm not playing that kind of game with profiteers.

Hence, to ease some of the disappointment, I made an impulse buy. :)  Actually, this purchase was in part because I saw some people wearing the t-shirt at the "to the beginning" Live at the NHK Hall in July and really liked the shirt.

I was doing a pretty good job at resisting it till it was clear that we had exhausted all avenues in our quest to get the Day 2 and 3 Live tickets.  After that my defences crumbed and I ordered it from HMV Japan (edit: a/of 23rd Aug, the box-set is also available from CDJapan, click me)and received it in the mail today.  I really do like the t-shirt and since we have failed to get tickets to the Kajiura Yuki Vol.9 Live Day 2 and 3, as well as tickets on the Cassiopeia and Hokutosei trains to Hokkaido, the arrival of the t-shirt box today did make up for some of the disappointment. :)

This set isn't terribly cheap if all you want is the t-shirt.  But if you consider that the box-set also comes with other Kalafina related memorabilia, then it's not too bad, although shipping cost would always kinda suck.

Alrighty, let's cut to the chase. :)  Here are the photos of the box-set.




The box-set comes packed in a nice thick cardboard box.  The box itself isn't made from any kind of special material.  It really is just a thick cardboard box.  However, it is made of a nice enough quality that I think any avid Kalafina would keep it and use it to keep any small bit of memorabilia of the vocal unit.  I know I'll be using it to put the postcards, credit card size calendars and mouse-pads etc.



The contents on the box are quite nicely packed.  You'll get the wrist band, a nice size pouch and a little t-shirt charm.  There are several versions of this charm.  Which one you receive will depend on where the box-set was purchased.  As I purchased mine from HMV, I get the HMV t-shirt charm which is the one I like best too.  The t-shirt size is different from the usual sizes sold at the concerts.  Usually, I will get the Large concert t-shirts but for this box-set, the Large would be too big, so I ordered the medium.  If you intend to purchase it, you'll need to check the measurements carefully. :)



The pouch looks the same on the both sides.  I don't know if I'll use the wrist-band.  I may use it when I play table-tennis, I haven't decided yet.  I'm definitely using the t-shirt though.  It doesn't look that nice in the photos but the pale blue is really quite pretty and the graphics are kind of gold and a little shiny but not flashy at all.


The Space Craft website for the Fiction Junction Club shows you what the Lawsons, Animate and Tower Record t-shirt charms look like.  Lucky for me, I like the HMV one the best.  Some of the others are too busy for my liking.

Finally, I decided not to do the Lisani! Vol.9 post today because my photos aren't very good at all and I have decided to re-shoot them.  Hence, this post.  My next post will most likely not be the Lisani! Vol.9 post either.  Instead, I would like to do a short review of the Kalafina phone app that Sony has released for Android and iPhone phone users.  I managed to install it and had a play with it when I was in Japan in July.  That's what the app's icon looks like on my Android homescreen.

For now, it's time to go to bed. :)  Oyasumi. :)

18 comments:

shangyou said...

Oh my gosh! After all this time, I didn't know that HMV Japan shipped to Singapore! O_O
To think I've been looking all over for the 'to the beginning' Kalafina box... :O
Thank you so much for your Kalafina blog posts once again. I think next time I'll just come here if I don't know where to get some Kalafina stuff that I'm searching for haha. >_<

just me said...

Hello Shangyou,

You are most welcome. :) Thanks for dropping by again and I hope you are able to order the Kalafina box-set without any problem at all. :)

cheers

Silentwolf87 said...

ouh-? O.O you bought the kajiura yuki live vol 9 tix-? >.< uuu lucky you- where can i find one-?

also 9/9 is the vol #9 "shibuya public hall special"- does that one need ticket also-?

just me said...

Hi Silentwolf87,

I have two friends in Japan who are fans of Kajiura Yuki's music and her vocal projects. We applied for the fan club priority booking and got Day 1 tickets in the first round but were unable to get Day 2 and Day 3.

We applied again for tickets in the second round but were unable to get tickets again for Day 2 and Day 3 and we also failed to get tickets when the tickets went on sale to the public. I think there weren't that many tickets open to the public and those were snapped up very quickly.

I really don't know where you might be able to get a ticket right now except in the online auctions in Japan. But the bids can reach up to 5 times the original cost of the tickets. You can try using a proxy in Japan to help you bid of those tickets if you wish to buy them. I, however, won't be trying to get them through the auctions. I can't afford to pay those kind of prices. :(

At least, I am lucky enough to have Day 1 tickets so I'm going to enjoy my Day 1 as much as possible. :) But I'm only scheduled to reach Tokyo in the afternoon of 31st August, so am really hoping nothing screws up. Wish me luck. :D

You'll need tickets for the 9/9 Shibuya Public Hall Special too. The fan club priority booking draw has already been concluded and the tickets allocated. My friends in Japan are going. I, sadly, can't because my travel plans cannot be changed.

I think you can still try and get that through open sales. I suspect they won't be as difficult to obtain as the 3 day special. For the open sales, you will probably need to use a proxy in Japan to pick up tickets for you. I suggest you check with Celga (http://www.celga.com/). They may provide that kind of service. I have used them to pick up stuff from the Amazon Marketplace before, so they are okay. I'm not sure if they do concert tickets though but it doesn't hurt to try. :)

cheers

Silentwolf87 said...

uhuuu- 5 times-? i'm dead meat- huhuhu-

btw i havent planned of for the 3day concert due to "i-dont-know-where-to-get-the-ticket" case- huhu- but last year there was air asia promotion to japan- i bought a flight ticket- which was like a week later, after the 3day concert- Sept 6- but only to find out the date of the concert this year- orz

btw- since the 9/9 shibuya special was in my travel period- do you think it is possible for me to enter-? or was it like a closed event only for the club members?

sorry if im asking too much- since my japanese was still at beginners level- still a lot of kanji that i dont recognize in their website- huhu-

just me said...

Hi Silentwolf87,

Ahhh... I see... well... I have never actually had to get tickets myself because I usually ask my friends for help. The procedure to get tickets in Japan is a bit difficult for people who don't reside in Japan.

I have managed to find out that the 9/9 Shibuya Special will have tickets open to the public too. At least that is what I think it means. Here is the link to the Lawson's ticket page:

http://l-tike.com/pc/d1/AA01G04F1.do?txtEvtCd=73765&txtPerfDay=20120909&txtPerfSeq=+&venueCd=36254&srcID=AA02G08

Looks like the Lawson's page will have tickets available for sale from the 4th August which means you will have some time to try and arrange for someone to buy tickets for you.

I suggest you check with a proxy service like celga. I'm not sure how much they charge but getting tickets by yourself from outside Japan is going to be near impossible. Here is celga's link:

http://www.celga.com/index.php?page=shops&cat=28

I have used them before for Amazon Marketplace and they have a pretty good reputation online. I don't know what their charges are for concert tix tho'. You'll have to ask them. They have English speaking staff so you can use English to ask them how to proceed.

From what I can tell from what some folks are saying online, they should be willing ship your ticket to you in Singapore. But if you want to save on shipping you can also ask if they would ship it to your hotel in Japan.

Good luck with the ticket for the concert in Shibuya. Sorry, I have to get back to work... so I can't do more research on this... write to Celga or a similar service and give they the Lawson's link and ask them to help you. Probably the best way to get tix. :)

cheers

just me said...

Oh Silentwolf87,

Sorry... I don't know why I assume that you reside in Singapore... sorry. :P

cheers

Silentwolf87 said...

eheee- singapore and malaysia is not that far apart- :P

lucky you for having friend in japan who are also a club member.. i also had a friend in japan- but not a club members... orz

btw, the lawson link you give:
http://l-tike.com/pc/d1/AA01G04F1.do?txtEvtCd=73765&txtPerfDay=20120909&txtPerfSeq=+&venueCd=36254&srcID=AA02G08

was not accessible, it says session time-out.

and sorry for disturbing in your working hour just now... i forgot that its working hour just now (thou i am also working at that time :P)

but if lawson really are selling the ticket start 4th august- i think i can manage somehow on getting the ticket, that is if my friend are willing to help.. =w="

just in case, i also had email Celga for inquiries and am still waiting for response...

thanks for the kind help, and sorry if im causing so much trouble.. arigatou gozaimashita~ *bow* (_ _ )

just me said...

Hello Silentwolf87,

Sorry about that. Hmmm... you may have to do the search yourself.

First go to this website:
http://www.hmv.co.jp/en/

The site is in English, so this part should be okay for you. Look at the tool bar on the left side and look for:

Lawson Ticket --> Ticket --> concert (Japanese, international, etc)

Select that option and it'll bring you to a site that is entirely in Japanese.

At the top of this page there is a little strip for you to input text and a little magnifying glass icon next to it.

Input this code: 73765

After that hit the pink button and it'll pull out the concert you are looking for.

This code is the code number for the Kajiura Yuki Vol.9 Shibuya concert. You should also be able to give just this code to your friend or to Celga and they should be able to find it on Lawsons Ticket.

No trouble at all... I didn't mean to sound curt earlier... just that I was in a hurry to finish off that email to go back to finish of some work. :) It's not trouble at all, I would like to help you if I can. :)

Hope this helps... hope you get your ticket too. :)

Malaysia... so... did you go for AFAMY in KL? I did. :)

good luck :)
p.s. if you still have trouble with it, let me know. :)

Silentwolf87 said...

uoohhhh~ \\\o(>w<)o/// sankyu~

found it-!!! XDD u hepled a lot-

and yes- i definitely go for afamy- for the sake of the 1st time it is being held in malaysia- and also for the sake of one of kajiura's project, kalafina- > w<)b

no u didnt sound curt at all- :3

nwy hope for your safe arrival for Day 1 concert- =w=V

just me said...

Hello Silentwolf87,

Cool!!! Hope you get your ticket. If you manage to get your ticket and manage to attend the concert, drop by and let me know. :)

I went to AFAMY for one reason only... Kalafina. :D

cheers

Silentwolf87 said...

yeah- long live kalafina- XD

btw, since you had been to vol #8 concert, which was held also at shibuya public hall- can i ask some guidance of the seating zone- it seemed that on the lawson's site- it have 2 type of tickets- but the price is the same- but im not sure about the difference of both of them-

and based on your experience- which part of the hall would be best to seat in-? near the stage-? or in the middle row? or upstairs?

as for the 3rd party ticket buyer- i use nippon-yasan service
http://www.nippon-yasan.com/

which they look like offer a better price- :3

just me said...

Hi Silentwolf87,

Can you choose your ticket? I've never had that luxury. Usually for the fan club draws, your seat is allocated via lottery.

I think for the Shibuya Public Hall, centre, first floor is best. Should get you the best view and best acoustics since in general speakers are set up to favour those who sit in the middle.

So far, the best seats I ever got was for the After Eden Special Live which was almost eye-level (even though we were in the first balcony) and almost centre.

As for the two types of tickets, I actually don't now the difference. I'll see if I can ask my Japanese friend if she knows.

Thanks for the link to Nippon-yasan. I might try them out soon. :)

Good lucky with tickets and enjoy your trip. :)

cheers

Silentwolf87 said...

hi there,

my dream had been shattered to pieces. urgh.. ._.

this is what i got from them,

*****

"I have a bad news, I tried to reserve but all is full since this morning.

I also tried other website, all are full.

I tried to reserve by phone, and also full. They told me that all the ticket was buy in 5 minutes..."

*****

TT^TT

y japan people buying power so powerful-? huuuuu-

Silentwolf87 said...

btw, nah... we cant choose the seating... i thought we can choose, but we can't. huhu...

just me said...

Oh no!!!!!!! You didn't get the tix for the YK Vol.9 Shibuya Special?!?!!? That really sucks!!!! :( I feel your pain. :(

Gosh... I didn't know that buying the tix through open sales would be so hard. It didn't use to be this way. At least the one time we had to get tix thru' open sales, it wasn't a problem at all. Wow... I think Kajiura Yuki must be getting quite popular.

BTW, you can still buy concert goods if you still wish to. Since you are already in Japan, if you wish to pick up anything, you can pick them up before the concert. The goods counter will open for about 2 hours or so about 1 hour before the concert begins. Make sure that you don't go too late because they will cut the line off at the time when they state the sales counter will be closed. Almost happened to us last year.

Too bad about those tickets. :( :(

Silentwolf87 said...

hnnnggghhh-! ><

nao im tempted to buy the tick in the auction- but looking at my budget that im willing to spend for the ticket- i think i can only go up to 10000 yen only- or with additional of up to 5000 yen i think- (yeah im desperate- >A< uuuu) but i got the feeling i might not get it even though i pay that much- ._.

normally, what goods do they sell?

just me said...

Hi Silentwolf87,

Yeah, I was tempted to try the auctions too after we failed to pick up tickets in the 2nd round draw but at 30000 yen.... I don't think I could afford that. I may have tried to get a ticket at 10000 yen but that would have been the maximum I would have been willing to pay for the tix.

Usually, they'll sell t-shirts and the concert pamphlet. The other stuff could really be anything from key-chains to wrist bands. At one of the Lives, there were wooden spoons too. :)