description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Saturday, December 01, 2012

Kajiura Yuki Vol.9 Shibuya Special DVD/BD release

from the Stone Cold single
Now that I am actually fully awake and can digest all the tweets I read last night, I am finally able to fully comprehend exactly which Live they are releasing on DVD/BD. =)  This is the official announce from JVC Music's FictionJunction website... click me.

The concert that they are releasing is the 4th day in the series of concerts that Kajiura Yuki held in August/September.  This is the day that they tagged on at the end after the 3 Day Special concerts.

This makes sense.  The Shibuya Special concert were a mix of music which was performed during the 3 Day Special and would be the best concert to release on DVD/BD if one was to release one day only.

Moreover FJ Asuka who did not feature in the 3 Day Special, made an appearance at the Shibuya Special.  Too excited and probably too tired last night to make proper sense of the tweets and the FlyingDog announce. :p

This means a few things for me.  One is YAY... I'm still uber happy about the release but I'm kinda disappointed that the 3 Day concert was not release in its entirety.  I would pay top dollar to get these on BD because I went to Japan and still didn't make it in for Day 2 and 3 and was super disappointed about that.  In the end, the concert they streamed on ustream was the Day 1 concert which I attended but almost all my favourite songs are actually in Day 3.

In fact, if she released the Vol.8 live I would be extremely happy too.  I loved the Vol.8 live and if I could imprint that memory in my mind and experience in my heart, I would.  A DVD/BD of that Live would have been perfect.  Like the Kalafina's After Eden release which I attended and now have a record of, I would have a video record of my very first Kajiura Yuki live... an experience that was not topped by the Vol.9 live Day 1.

Still... this is really better than nothing.  I could not have made the Shibuya live anyway.  And Duran Shoukan, Sayonara Solitaire, Mezame Kaze no Michi e made it to this release.  I really like Everlasting Songs but unfortunately, I'm more a fan of the live FJ version than FJ Asuka's version.  It'll be interesting to see how the arrangement is now that FJ Asuka has been thrown into the mix but since I really love how Keiko always sounds in the opening stanza of Everlasting Songs... I'm wondering if I would be a little disappointed by that.

K... time to go... lots to do... and a big lesson learnt here... do not post excited blog posts in the middle of the night in the dark from my bed on a 7 inch tablet.... bound to get everything wrong.  Hahahahaha!!!!! :)

2 comments:

Silentwolf87 said...

shibuya special- yeay- \(TT^TT)/

just me said...

Hahaha...yeah Silentwolf87... You went to that concert... Lucky you!!! :-)