description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Kalafina ~ 5th Anniversary Live Selection 2009-2012 unboxing


I returned home really late today so will have to make this picture heavy and light on words.

This is the unboxing of the Limited Edition of this release from Kalafina.  The 5th Anniversary Live Selection release comes in two flavours and I, as usual, got the LE.

These are the versions and links to the product page for the convenience of those who wish to get them.  Currently, CDJapan still has a few copies of the First Press release available.

This is the link to the Limited Edition. (2CD+BD+DVD+60page deluxe booklet ~ packed in a box)
This is the link to the Regular Edition. (2CDs)

The First Press release comes with a postcard and the postcard for those who purchased this from CDJapan is this:



Here are the photos of the LE box.



The box has gold trimmings which are embossed on the on the hard cardboard and the paper itself has a slight texture.

Here are the photos of the contents of the box.



Photos of the 60 page full color deluxe booklet and some of the sample pages from the booklet.  Lots and lots of photos in this. =)



Oh.... and doesn't Keiko look soooo cool in the 8th photo in the above set. :D  And of course I had to include photos from the After Eden Special Live.  Still, in my opinion, the best of the Kalafina lives I've attended so far.

Here are the photos of the jewel case and inserts of the DVD and Blu-ray.



The insert for the DVD & Blu-ray jewel case is rather thin, so I just went ahead and shot photos of every page.

Here are the photos for the jewel case and inserts for the double CD set.



The insert booklet for the 2 CD jewel case is quite thick.  If I counted correctly, it's about 34 pages long.  It includes photos, set-lists for the lives, lyrics and a message from each of the Kalafina vocalists, as well as Kajiura Yuki, their music producer and the composer of all their songs.

I've yet to listen to the cds, nor have I had the time to watch the dvd or blu-ray.... I must go to bed now.  The uploading of the photos took forever, blogger and picassa were being fussy.

Hope you enjoyed the unboxing and please support Kalafina and Kajiura Yuki by buying their cds etc if you can afford it...

good night. :)

2 comments:

Bevan said...

I just received my LE set which I bought from hmv.jp and the post card is identical to yours. From your pictures I assumed the box would be bigger though xD

just me said...

Hi Bevan...

Opps... sorry for misleading you. :p

So HMV's postcard is the same is CDJapan's... maybe all the online stores have the same postcards and the brick and mortar ones are different.

The box is just a bit bigger than the size of a cd jewel case for whoever else is wondering. :)

cheers