description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Type Moon Fes. BD ~ short comments



I watched a bit of the Type-Moon Fes. BD before rushing to work. Am later than I intended to be because I didn't want to wait till tonight to watch the BD. :P

I was pleasantly surprised to see that Kajiura Yuki was not just accompanied by the Front Band members but also by FictionJunction. For some strange reason, it never occured to me that they would. I guess I only saw her name and I assumed that it would be entirely instrumental.



This is of course a pleasant surprise for those of us who like FictionJunction too. I am one of them. :)

Of course for those among us who happen to like Keiko and/or Wakana best out of the Kajiura Yuki family of performers, there is more of them for us to enjoy. So yes...there is that added bonus for me. :)



I did not have time to watch all of it and had to skip around a bit. But I did watch Kajiura Yuki's opening performance on Day 1.... awesome!! And I did watch Kalafina's Oblivious, Kimi ga Hikari ni Kaette Yuku, to the beginning, Snow Falling and Sprinter.

My word, they all sound soooooo good at this live and harmonized beautifully. And I must say I was also surprised at how well Keiko sang Maya's lines in the beginning section of the live version of Sprinter. While I love this song and love Keiko to bits as a singer, even I have admitted that she has had a little trouble with some of Maya's lines in some of the past live performances of Sprinter. This time though, she sang them with a great deal of confidence and control and I was like WOW!!!! Good job Keiko!!
I can't wait I have time to sit down and absorb it all. So far... the Kalafina 5th Anniv Live Selection CDs and the live clips of Kajiura Yuki's, FictionJunction's & Kalafina's performances at the Type-Moon Fes. has made me a very happy camper and energized for my 13th straight day at work. The music is simply AWESOME!!

Thank you for the music Kajiura Yuki!! Thank you for the great performances FictionJunction, Kalafina and Front Band Members... time to work!! :)

ps. all those photos... I shot off my telly... the quality isn't great but the blu-ray quality is great tho' :)

pps. it looks like this release is OOP at CDJapan but you can check this link to see if you get lucky. click me.

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments: