description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Friday, July 05, 2013

Yuki Kajiura LIVE vol.10 Kaji Fes. 2013 Pamplet ~ unboxing

The pamphlet comes with a bookmark.
First... let me write a paragraph that isn't related to the unboxing, then I'll get to the unboxing. :)

I only just found out a few days ago that there were several people who were really looking forward to this unboxing.  I am really sorry I didn't get to this earlier and this item is now OOP. :( :(  A combination of exhaustion (probably from too much work) and illness left me so tired that I had to make a decision to limit as many of my activities as possible so that I could rest and recover.  While I still tire quite easily, I am getting stronger everyday as long as I make sure I sleep enough. :)

Okay...let's cut to the chase and try and blast through this. :)

First up, the close up of the bookmark.  The front design is made up of a series of 7 mid-shot photos of Hikaru, Keiko, Wakana, Kajiura Yuki, Nanri Yuuka, Oda Kaori and Yuriko Kaida.  The back has the Kaji Fes. logo printed on it.



To give you an idea of the dimensions of this pamphlet, I put the recently released blu-ray of the Yuki Kajiura vol.4 Lives next to it.  So, as you can tell, it's not a big book at all.



Here are the photos of the cover, the back, the side and the binding  This is a nice and solid hardcover release.  Compared to some of Kajiura Yuki's past Live pamphlet releases, this is actually closer to a standard kind of cover design and binding, in my opinion.

 

This is a pretty thick concert pamphlet from Kajiura Yuki.  It consist of 112 pages is printed on nice and thick paper.  It opens with a page listing all the names of all the performers that night, a content page and a foreword by Kajiura Yuki herself.



It's quite common to see little drawings, like the those in the following photos, peppered throughout Kajiura Yuki's live pamphlets.  I don't know about other people, but I really like these little drawings. :)  Usually, we get the black and white line art drawings like those in the photo on the right.  But this time we also get a few that look like water color paintings like those on the left.  I'm not sure if the colored drawings are making their debut in this pamphlet but if I remember correctly, in previous Kajiura Yuki pamplets that I own, they only had the b&w line art.



After Kajiura Yuki's foreword, we get several pages of photos of Kajiura Yuki, Nanri Yuuka and FictionJunction at the lives.  A page of photos is devoted to each Live from vol.1 to vol.9.



After that is a several pages of interviews and full page color photos of Kajiura Yuki and the FictionJunction utahimes and the Font Band Members.  There is only a two-page spread devoted to Kalafina.but this isn't an interview, more like just an introduction of the vocal unit.

  
 

This is followed by a section of Guest Interviews.  These are mostly short one page, shot answer interviews asking the guest vocalist the same list of questions about their thoughts about Kajiura Yuki and her music, their thoughts about the coming vol.10 live  as well as, what each of these vocalist are doing presently.



After that, we have several pages of information detailing stuff like Kajiura Yuki's discography, setlist as well as more interviews with producers from Aniplex, ufotable and NHK.  Inserted between these pages of information were more full page color photos of Kajiura Yuki and FictionJunction

  

And that's it.  In my opinion, this is a nice release.  Lot's of information and a nice balance of interviews and photos.  I really didn't expect this to go out of print so quickly.  Usually, these Live pamphlets remain available on the Spacecraft web store for quite some time before they sell out.  Maybe this release sold so well because this is the book that commemorates Kajiura Yuki's 20 years in the industry?  I really don't know.

Okay... it's 11:30pm... I think I will probably shoot photos of another item after I publish this post... but I may not write that unboxing post till Sunday.  I have classes tomorrow and dinner with friends after that so I am not sure if I will have enough energy to do that unboxing.

For now... I hope you enjoyed this unboxing.  Bye for now. :)

13 comments:

ClaraS said...

Thanks for all the pictures! I also really like those little B&W drawings! Look simple to draw but actually not. I am thinking of getting the Yuki Kajiura LIVE vol.#10“Kaji Fes. 2013”AFTER LIVE MEMORIAL BOOKLET on spacecraft store... may be I will tonight together with some other stuff on that site, can't do it now since I can't remember my FJ club member # LOL Thanks again for posting these pictures! I really enjoyed it! Look forward to seeing your post on the other item! ^^

ClaraS said...

Was your friend in Japan able to get the consolation tour pamphlet for you? If you want I can find some way to share pictures of it.

just me said...

Hello ClaraS,

Yeah... I am thinking of gettting that Yuki Kajiura Live vol.10 Kaji Fes. After Live Memorial Booklet too but I will have to trouble my friend again and I feel a bit bad about it since I won't be paying her for everything till I meed her again in October. So I am hesitating about that booklet.

I didn't ask her to get the Consolation Tour pamphlet for that very same reason too. If the pamphlet does show up at the web store, I might cave into temptation and get both if they are still available when I am about to go on the trip. But for now... I think I won't be getting either just yet.

If you could share pictures with me it would be awesome!!!!! :) :) Should I give you an email address? I have one for the blog of course but I never published it because I was afraid of getting a ton of spam. I could just write it here if you need an email address. :) Thanks!!!! :)

I am about to make a post about the other item now. It will be up in about an hour, maybe less, since it's a pretty simple post. :)

cheers :)

ClaraS said...

Sure! Just give me your email address. I can also send pictures of concert goods I got!

Yeah new pictures! I'll check them out a bit by a bit since I am working now hehe

ClaraS said...

I have sent you the fist email, so if you don't want your email keep on being exposed, you could delete your last post. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi again! This is the Anon from the other blog post. :)

I'm glad to hear you're feeling better! Thank you for posting the unboxing, too - awesome pictures as always. I was hoping for the band to get a liiiiittle bit more, but I'm not complaining xD

I hope you can get the Memorial Booklet too! It seems like a very limited-edition release, so it'd definitely be a collector's item, I'm sure.

just me said...

Hi ClaraS,

Thanks for the email and heads up... have deleted my email address. :)

k... back to work. :P

just me said...

Hello Anonymous... :)

Thanks for dropping by and thanks for your very pleasant message. :)

Unfortunately, the band usually gets less coverage than the utahimes. :( Maybe in the future they'll get more since they have really grown in popularity. :)

Yeah... I keep thinking I should at the very least get that Memorail Booklet... I'll make up my mind by this weekend. Hope it doesn't sell out while I try and make up my mind. :P

just me said...

Hi ClaraS,

It's me again, thanks for sending me those photos... I had to do some OT today and only just had the opportunity to look at those photos... awesome!!!! ... gosh... I really want that concert pamphlet and that t-shirt too. :)

I think it'll most likely, fingers crossed, show up at the Spacecraft webstore... hmmmm.... maybe I will get it too... :P

ClaraS said...

Ya, I think it will be showing up in the spacecraft store later like others.

I have a few more pictures of concert goods, have just send you those. :)

I got the poster and postcards, the Keiko pouch and the Wakana shark cushion strap, not the wall pockets since I don't think I will get to use that.

Also got the small clear bottle, and I had to get the 2 way bag too since I couldn't fit all goods I got into my bag.

just me said...

Wow!!! Awesome!!! Thanks for sharing the photos with me. :)

I think I'm going to put money away and when (fingers crossed) that concert booklet shows up, I'll see if my friend can order that and the Moemorial book... and maybe the posters too. :P

Hahaha... one year, I also got the tote bag at one of Kajiura Yuki's lives because I didn't have space in my bag for everything. It's a nice bag though and I've been carrying it around these few days. :)

I can't wait for the new CDs to be released... they just announced the release date for the Knk Mirai Fukuin CD.... YAY!!! Now am waiting for the announce for the Mahou Shoujo Madoka single. :)

Yasmina said...

Hi there! Hope you’re doing fine💚
Can you possibly share the contents of the dvd? I’m a kajiura yuki Fan but from a country which I can’t buy any goods. So I would be more than happy to get my hands on any content. Can you please share it if possible?

just me said...

Hello Yasmina,

Which DVD are you talking about because this unboxing doesn't mention a dvd. :)