description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Sunday, February 02, 2014

Madoka Magica ~ First Part: Beginnings / Last Part: Eternal BD LE - unboxing

Since I'm on CNY holiday and am on the roll with regards to updating the blog, I thought I should try and get some of the unboxings that I've been sitting on for a long time out of the way. :)

Since the 3rd movie in the Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica franchise will screen in Singapore on the 8th Feb, I thought it was time I unbox something I bought and brought back from Japan last year.  So here we go... a very picture heavy post of the Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica: First Part / Last Part Blu-ray Limited Edition boxset.

Let's get going :) ... first up, photos of the case.

     

This is a mix of photos of the case with the plastic wrap on and off, and the strip of paper on and off.

 

The above is the case with the tray-pack next to it.  I really like this packaging.  The hard casing with the holes and 3 of the mahou shoujo looking through the box instead of the standard illustration of all 5 mahou shoujos in a single or double panel.  Quite cool, in my opinion. :)

         

The above are a ton of photos of the 6 panel, 3 tray tray-pack. I also took out the Blu-rays and the soundtrack CD and shot the illustrations under the plastic trays. Pretty nice illustrations, right? :)

  

Here are the photos of the other things that are packed in the case.  Mostly sheets of information and a flyer advertising other Madoka merchandise. I'm actually really happy that they put the BD credit info on a separate sheet and included it as an insert rather than printing it on the back of the case.

   
           


The above photos illustrate why I think this box-set is full of WIN!! :)

The first 5 photos of the 56 page booklet are of the booklet with and without the dust jacket. The dust jacket is quite cool too and like the hard case, has small round holes punched through to showcase bits of the booklet's cover underneath.

The producers of this set called the booklet a "material book" and it's really cool.  The booklet includes summaries of both the movies, interviews, art boards, storyboards and illustrations and a song tracklist for the soundtrack CD.

If you love the artwork for the anime, you will love this gorgeous booklet.

In my opinion, this is a really worthwhile set to get if you are a fan of the series. I'm a big fan, so naturally, I'm really pleased with the purchase. :)  And as I'm also a huge fan of Kajiura Yuki's music and am also a huge Kalafina fan, I'm more than happy with my purchase. :)

And one of the good things about this BD set is that it also comes with other subtitles besides Japanese. It comes with English, French, Spanish, Chinese and Korean subtitles. Yay!! :)

Oh... I almost forgot... I pre-ordered this set and it came with an external bonus.  A desk-mat to be exact.  I forgot to take photos of it... I'll do it later and I'll either update this post or write a new one depending on how long it takes me to get around to doing it. :P

For those who wish to purchase this set, at the time of writing, CDJapan is selling it at a 15% discount. Here's the link for those who wish to purchase it too.

That's it for now. :)

No comments: