description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 23rd April 2024

Saturday, October 18, 2014

Kalafina ~ heavenly blue (Aldnoah.Zero OP) PV screen captures


To be honest, I really hate that Japan region locks a lot of their trailers, PVs, CMs etc.  I really don't get it.  If Japan thinks this is combating piracy, then I think they need to rethink their strategy.  If fans don't know what they are buying, they'll soon just stop buying and go get hooked to something else.

Seriously, I'm totally into Ieiri Leo because I watched all her short PVs on YouTube and thought.... WOW!! I really like her music and now I buy all her releases.  I'm also totally into Radwimps and Suiyoubi no Campanella for those reasons.  Perfume and KPP have all harnessed the power of YouTube quite well.  In fact, you can say that YouTube helped to make KPP popular.
Japan needs to realise that there is a big wide world out there and internationally doesn't mean the US alone because a lot of the animes available for the US isn't available on Crunchyroll etc to the rest of the world even with a paying subscription.  If they want to reach the rest of the world, harness the power of the internet and it can be your friend.  But if they're going to pretend that the internet doesn't exist in most parts of the world, sooner or later, people will just move on and it'll be too late.

While I'm not asking for HD quality stuff all the time, nor am I asking for full versions etc.  BUT SURELY, even crappy short versions of PVs and CMs for animes etc don't need to be region locked all the time, right?? :(

Okay... sorry... rant over. :)

Well, I used VPN and watched the PV and the quality that GyaO! is streaming is really not the best. The PV is about 1:30 mins.  If you're a Kalafina fan or have watched Aldnoah.Zero, you'll have heard the song.

Check out the quality of that screen capture. Yup, that's how crappy the video quality is. I clicked all the settings and all the options seem to give me a bigger image but not a better image. :(

To help out Kalafina fans who don't know or want to set up VPN etc.  I decided to make some screen captures for you guys to enjoy.  This way, you can also get some idea of what the PV looks and feels like.

            

From the screen captures, you can probably tell that stylistically, it's not really very different from most of Kalafina's PVs.  Long shots, three shots, mid shots, lots of tracking and jib arm shots etc while Wakana, Keiko and Hikaru stand there and "dance".  It amused me that both Keiko and Hikaru were trying their best to look dangerous while Wakana smiled a lot. :)  LOL !! :)  Generally, I'm not very fussy and I like them a lot so I enjoy watching them sing even if the PV isn't quite as innovative or different as Perfume's PVs. I'm easily satisfied. :P  But I'm sure some fans will want more. :)

Also, check out the middle capture in the last row.  Now isn't that a classic Keiko move?  What PV or concert video etc would be complete without a move like that from her? :)

Well... maybe you'll be able to find the PV somewhere streaming online in the next few days.  Hopefully, someone can rip it and get it to stream for a few days for fans to at least be able to watch it for a few days.

For now, I hope you enjoy the not-great-quality screen captures. :)  If you want to read more about the PV and see slightly better but smaller pictures, CLICK ME.

Now... I have to go to sleep.... long day today and working tomorrow as well.... tired.... work's been interesting and enjoyable... but I can't deny that I'm really needing that holiday that's coming up next week. :) So good night and please excuse any grammatical and spelling errors. :)

No comments: