description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Sunday, October 05, 2014

ufotable ~ Fate/stay night [Unlimited Blade Works] #00 - v v short comments


I just finished "watching" ufotable's "Fate/stay night [Unlimited Blade Works]".  I had to put that in quotation marks since I wasn't able to get audio to work for most of the duration of the stream. :'(  I finally only got it to work when Rin and Archer were fighting Lancer in the school.

This is episode #00 which is actually a prologue of the actual series.  The events in this episode is actually the same as the events that will take place in #01 except that this is from Tohsaka Rin's point of view.  Good thing I've time-shifted this so that I can watch this again since I couldn't hear most of this ep and spent a good part of the time distracted as I tried refreshing, logging in and out etc to get it to work.
What was also cool was Nasu Kinoko, the author of the Fate/Stay Night and Kara no Kyoukai light novels was tweeting throughout the broadcast of the anime and the official Twitter account kept tweeting stills with his comments. :)


Anyways, I'm really happy with what I was able to watch.  I love the detailed artwork and love the way ufotable lights their scenes.  So atmospheric.  This and the way they animated their fight scenes was part of the reason why I began to like the studio's work.  Check out the following stills they were posting on their Twitter account.  @Fate_SN_Anime


    


There are a lot more stills they posted up on Twitter.  So go check out their Twitter account if you're interested.

source
Which reminds me, last week ufotable was posting up pictures on Twitter about their latest artbook.  It looks like it's an art book that will be about the background art for Kara no Kyoukai.  I was really, really, really busy the last two weeks because of temps delivery so I wasn't able to talk about it nor really look into it.  Two nights ago, after things slowed down a bit and gave us all a bit of a breather at work, I went in search of this artbook.... but it's OUT OF PRINT everywhere except at ufotable's cafes in Japan. :'(   WOW... that was fast!!! :(

I will keep my eye out on CDJapan and Amazon JP for this artbook.  Sometimes, they do come back again.  I know some of the KnK artbooks have had reprints and are currently now available again after initially selling out.  But those included lots of their character designs.  This looks like just a backgrounds artbook which is actually the artbook I want the most from KnK and I don't know if they deem this popular enough to reprint or if they always intended this to be a limited release. :(  So anyway... if you're like me and you're also looking out for it... then keep checking back and you may get lucky and they have a few extra copies available after the artbook begins shipping or there may be reprints.

Theatrical Anime Kara no Kyokai Art Works 劇場版 空の境界 美術集

Of course, for me, a HUGE part of me becoming a ufotable and Kajiura Yuki and Kalafina fan has to do with Kara no Kyoukai.  Too bad Kajiura Yuki isn't doing the music this time :(  but there's Kalafina's theme to look forward to. :P

Also..... now that I have more time to try and figure out Kajiura Yuki's tweet...

"stay night、深澤さんの素晴らしいサウンドトラックの中にほん〜の数曲だけ、混ぜて頂いております(´▽`)。zeroの時のモチーフで、のみですが。来週からはEDにKalafinaも流して頂きますです"

I THINK she's saying that Fukusawa Hideyuki, the soundtrack composer for "Fate/stay night [UBW]" mixed in some of the music motifs from Fate/Zero and she seemed pleased about it.  BUT BUT BUT... don't take my word for it.... I'm not a 100% sure I understood that tweet properly.  I only know that bit about Kalafina's ED being used from next week onwards is most probably correct.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to next week's episode.  That's it from me for now.   One more round in twitter and time for bed. :P  Oyasumi. :)

No comments: