description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Kalafina ~ THE BEST "Red"/"Blue" - bigger cover art & other related stuff

It's a good thing that I am on leave from work this week. :)  Although, I am still pretty busy because I have a lot of stuff that I need to do, I'm still able to squeeze time out to write about the new releases. :)  I wasn't able to read the articles about the album release properly till now... finally a really quiet moment for me to try and work through all the information. :)

First up, I managed to find bigger versions of the cover art for these albums.  So here you go. :)

 

The above are the larger versions of the cover art for the Regular Editions.

 

The above are the larger versions of the cover art for the Limited Editions.

I've also read through some of the news articles etc.

The LE of both the Red and Blue albums will ship with a 60 page deluxe booklet as well as the BD.  I'm thinking that we're looking at probably a box-set here rather than a slip case.  Perhaps something along the lines of the Kalafina 5th Anniversary Live Selection release.  CLICK ME for my un-boxing post.  That came with a 60 page deluxe booklet as well.

The LEs of both the Red and Blue album will ship with footage from different lives.

The Red LE will ship with footage from the 5th Anniversay Live from Jan 2013.  They didn't say more than that so I'm not sure if it'll be the full Live, portions of the Live with only the songs that are featured in THE BEST albums or the WOWOW special.  I'm hoping it isn't the WOWOW Special since most fans would have viewed it by now and I also thought that that wasn't particularly well mixed.  It tended to highlight one of the vocalists voice more when they should have balanced it out to accentuate the harmony but that maybe just me.  I've a feeling this won't be the full live.  If I had to guess, then I think they will be the songs featured in both the Red and Blue album that matches with what was sung at that live.

The Blue LE will ship with footage from the Lisani! Live-4.  If they give us all the songs that were sung at that live, fingers crossed, we'll get the following:

source
1.misterioso
2.Kimi no Gin no Niwa
3.seventh heaven
4.sprinter
5.Ongaku
6.Alleluia

I think Lisani! tv only broadcast two of the songs and someone kindly uploaded it onto youtube.  View it soon because who knows how long this video will remain on youtube.  The clip contains only two songs, "Kimi no Gin no Niwa" and "Ongaku".  Let's hope that the BD will give us more than just these two songs.



This is the first time I've heard them sing "Kimi no Gin no Niwa" live and I must say, they did a pretty good job with it.  Lovely!!! :)  And there's Ongaku too.  To be perfectly honest, I don't think that Kalafina has ever sung this song perfectly at any of the lives I've attended or watched on video but I still love listening and watching them sing this at their lives because they seem to really enjoy performing this song and it really gets the crowd going and I love it for those reasons. :)

I've also read through the axive.jp article and there are a few points of interests.

"2014年5月30日・31日には、香港での単独ライブ2days(チケットは10分で即完)、7月2日からフランス、パリ・ノールヴィルバントで行わる ヨーロッパ最大の日本文化とエンターテイメントの祭典“JAPAN EXPO 2014”への参加も決定している(総来場者数20万人超)。パッケージリリースに関しては、アルバム、シングル、映像商品が世界14カ国で販売されてお り、配信リリースは、iTunesを中心にヨーロッパ、北米、アジアなど、世界39カ国もの国々で展開。"


It seems that Kalafina's live in Hong Kong sold REALLY well.  They are scheduled to perform in HK for two nights on the 30th & 31st.  The tickets sold out in 10 mins.  WOW!!! Even if the concert hall isn't the biggest in HK but selling out in 10 mins is quite a feat. :)  Well done Kalafina!! Well done fans who are going to this live. :)

Also, it seems that Kalafina will be making an appearance at the Japan Expo 2014 in Paris France in July.  That's really cool because the Japan Expo is a pretty big event. :)  While the Japan Expo 2014 site hasn't made an official announce yet and neither has Kalafina or SMEJ, this news is in more than just the axive.jp article, it's in a few other online articles as well, so I think the chances of this being true is pretty high.  I'm sure French fans, European fans and all fans who attend this event will be happy to have this come true.  I'm still waiting and waiting for them to come back to Singapore.... sigh.....

It seems like the albums will be sold in 14 countries round the world, in Europe, N. America and Asia but there's no mention of which countries.  The album will also be available on iTunes in 39 countries.

Also, in case some of you haven't yet realised.... there will be two yet to be released songs on these albums.  One will be the theme song for the Urobuchi Gen scripted anime Aldnoah.Zero.  That song is called "Heavenly Blue" and is the last song listed in the Blue album's track list.  I was actually expecting a singles release with probably these versions RE, LE+DVD, LE+BD and Anime LE but so far... no news.

The other is a yet to be titled or announced new song in the Red album.  That's no.1 on the track list.  I like to think it'll be one of the theme songs for the ufotable version of Fate/Stay Night. :P  They have yet to announce who will do the music for  FSN and I'm still holding out hope that it will be Kajiura Yuki and that Kalafina will provide one of the songs for this anime.  I mean, Kajiura Yuki and ufotable... so far it's been a good collaboration, right? :)  Well..... that's just my hope.... I really have no idea what this song will be. :)

Well.... that should be it for now.... I'm off to order the Rekishi Hiwa Historia OST3 and two copies of the RED and BLUE LE albums for my friend an I. :)

THE BEST "Red" Limited Edition

THE BEST "Blue" Limited Edition

THE BEST "Red" Regular Edition

THE BEST "Blue" Regular Edition

If you can afford them too, please do buy them. :)

 Maybe I'll go watch that Kalafina Pocket Message now before I go do the stuff I'm suppose to do... I haven't had time to watch it properly yet. :P Good night!! :)

8 comments:

StrawBarrel said...

You don't know how shocked and happy i am if the rumor of Kalafina in France is true, because i've been always hoping to see them, but that soon wasn't expected lol
plus the best of and not one but two on top of that?! again this year Kalafina will be the death of my bank account xD
just hope i'll be able to attend there if it's true they come >_<

Their cover are always so beautiful too, as a Keiko fan i'm melting, but this time not only Keiko but all of them are perfect(they are usually great but i always found Keiko more appealing, may be her stare i don't know xD)

just me said...

Cool!!! I hope it's true too. I've been very lucky and have seen them live in Singapore, Malaysia and Japan so I can't really complain... I'm just greedy... I would love to see them live at all their lives. :P

Fingers crossed for you!! If they do go and you can a chance to go, come by and drop me a line and let me now if it was fun for you. :)

Kalafina and the other Kajiura Yuki releases are going to be the death of my bank account. :P I ordered the Rekishi Hiwa Historia OST3 cd last night and plan on ordering the Hanako to Anne OST cd as well as the BD live with FJ Yuuka.... add that in with my other anime and other music obsessions.... I'm going to have to eat plain bread for lunch and dinner for a while. :P

I thought these covers were quite nice too. So elegant!! :)

Hahaha!!! A fellow Keiko fan!! I love Kalafina as a unit... I really, really do but I know what you mean about Keiko... I don't know why... but I just like her voice the most and I love watching her at the lives the most.

just me said...

Oh... and I also ordered both the Red and Blue album Limited Editions last night.... oh.... gonna be so broke. :P

Anonymous said...

Kalafina fan from Hong along here :D
The three girls really have quite a number of fans here. Their concert initially was scheduled on 31st only. Many bombarded the organizer's Facebook with messege/comment that they could hardly get a ticket and so the organiser (and tgt with spacecraft probably) had to schedule another one on 30th!

Anonymous said...

^ typo: Hong Kong

just me said...

Hello Kalafina fan from Hong Kong. :)

Wow!!!! That's amazing, they not only had tickets sell out in then minutes, they also managed to open another day for the Live. SUGOI!!! :)

I wish I could have gone to HK for the Live too but I have to save money this year. :'(

I hope you enjoyed the live. :) And thanks for letting me know about the extra day. :)

Anonymous said...

BTW heres the radio interview they did weeks ago for RTHK. The Jun 8th one
http://programme.rthk.org.hk/channel/radio/programme.php?name=radio2/Teenschoice&d=2014-06-15&p=2129&e=&m=episode

just me said...

OH!!!! Thanks very much for the RTHK radio program link. I'll go check it out now. :)

Thanks!! :)